The School Council is a group of children chosen by each class to represent them. We meet once a week to discuss issues and improvements that can be made to the school.
The School Council for 2016/17 is:-
|Year 3||Bobby and Amelia||Billy and Emily|
|Year 4||Jenna and Yash||Skye and Finlay|
|Year 5||Bailey and Lucy||Alex and Zoe|
|Year 6||Evie and Louis||Georgina, Tamar and George|
In the academic year 2015/16 the school council has……
- Ran a very successful Bring and Buy sale where children brought in books, toys and games that they no longer use.
- Conducted a survey to see how pupils felt about Ashfield. The feedback was very positive, showing children enjoyed school. The three favourite subjects amongst pupils are Art, Maths and History.
- Raised money for Save The Children by selling cookies to pupils during snack time and wearing Christmas jumpers on Christmas jumper day.
- Already this year we have chosen our charities: Our Local Food Bank, Guide Dogs for the Blind and The Air Ambulance.
- Changed our Constitution so from next school year, each class will have 4 School Councillors. These will change in February. The children felt this gave more children a chance to get involved. They also decided that you can only be in the School Council once. This makes the Chair of the School Council more special.
- We have also organised for there to be an Ashfield Food Mountain and will donate all items to our local food bank.