Ashfield School & Home Association
The Ashfield School & Home Association aims to raise funds in order to enhance the education of the Ashfield children by providing or contributing to extra facilities that would not otherwise be available at Ashfield. To this end ASHA organises a variety of events throughout the year to raise additional funds to be spent on equipment and special projects that will enhance our children’s education. It is hoped that participation in these activities will foster a sense of community between staff, parents and others associated with the school but most importantly for our children.
Membership to ASHA is automatic upon joining Ashfield School. Decisions as to how monies raised are spent are made by the ASHA Committee and approved by Mrs Dalziel. 85% of parents and carers who responded to the recent Parent Forum Questionnaire felt that ASHA’s fundraising is important for Ashfield.
- Outdoor Musical Instruments bought and installed in lower playground
- Funded Christmas visiting Pantomime for all children in December 2015 and 2016
- Outdoor Playground loom for lower playground
- Funding of the Year 6 Leavers Disco and BBQ.
- Year 6 School Ties, partially funded.
- Hardwearing picnic benches purchased for the playground.
- Revamp of Wild Life Area, with bugs houses, log seats, magnifying glasses and lots of things to explore.
- All weather surfacing under the wooden equipment to enable the children to play on it all year round.
- iPod docking stations for each year group.
- A contribution of £500 towards buying new books for the school.
- Donation for each class to buy books for their Class Libraries.
- New bench for Playground.
- Christmas Crackers and Decorations.
- Pond cleaned and maintained during summer months and restocked with plants. New Garden Hose purchased to help keep the pond full and the garden areas watered.
- Playground equipment. We are working towards buying an Outdoor Stage Area for the children to use.
If you would like to get involved, have ideas for new fundraising events, or suggestions as to how monies should be spent, please feel free to come along to the meetings. Alternatively, please forward any suggestions or questions to the committee via the School Office or school post box.