Aims and Ethos
We know that our children only get one chance at their education and we take very seriously our role of providing the very best possible opportunities for them to gain the most form their time here at Ashfield.
As they go through their junior years, we encourage our children to make informed choices and to become independent thinkers who are resilient and resourceful. As a result, children at Ashfield attain high standards in their learning and are confident, articulate and well-mannered.
“Inspiring Today’s Child for Tomorrow” is our motto; and the talented team of teachers and support staff work hard to create a positive and stimulating environment; and a curriculum which is enriched with a wide range of experiences that help our children learn and grow as individuals. Our children develop the skills they need not only for the next stage in their education, but for life in our ever-changing world.
At Ashfield we aim:
- To inspire, challenge and support our children so that they become confident, co-operative, lifelong learners who can achieve their full potential
- To create a secure, stable and happy environment where learning is inspirational
- To teach and guide children by being a good role model
- To develop citizens of the community and the wider world who have a strong sense of right and wrong, who value themselves, other people and their environment.
- To promote a school culture where we listen to each other, work supportively as a team; and develop children’s independence and love of learning so that we can be the best that we can be.
Learning through values and having positive values modelled by the staff throughout the school creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic achievement and develops children’s social and relationship skills which enhance their lives.
The Ashfield children discuss our values as part of their PSHE work and in their family assemblies. They are expected to behave in accordance with our value and members of staff are continually looking out for children who demonstrate our value of the month and reward them in our Friday Achievements Assemblies.
Our Values of the Month
The following values are the focus of assemblies and children’s learning each month:
December Appreciation & Sharing