Year 6 is an exciting but challenging year as we prepare the children for their transition to secondary school.
The children in Year 6 enjoy many privileges including:
- Wearing a special uniform that signifies their special position as the oldest children in the school.
- Going away on School Journey to Shropshire for an adventure week
- Being “Top Buddies” for their family groups
- Participating in Cycling Proficiency
- Taking a lead in our annual celebration day
- Acting as ambassadors for the school, meeting and greeting special visitors and acting as tour guides
They also have a number of responsibilities that ensure the smooth running of the school including:
- Delivering registers to classrooms and carrying out other helpful administrative duties
- Ensuring classes have the correct laptops and iPads for their lessons,
- Organising the hall for assemblies and special events
- Preparing the music for assemblies and hymn practices
- Leading the School Council and Eco-Council
- Librarian duties in the school library
We have high expectations of our Year 6 children both in terms of their responsibilities and their learning. Ashfield children rise to the challenge and act as excellent role models for the younger children.
Our Year 6 curriculum is creative and challenging; and designed to prepare them thoroughly for the new challenges and demands of transition to secondary school.
Highlights in Year 6 include:
- A visit to Whipsnade Zoo
- School Journey to Manor Adventure, Shropshire
- A visit to The Imperial War Museum
- Secondary Transfer Day
Welcome to 6D and 6F – Miss Flint will be your new teacher if you were in 5E and Miss Davison will be your teacher is your were in 5H last year. Please watch this short video