Year 6 is an exciting but challenging year as we prepare the children for their transition to secondary school.
The children in Year 6 enjoy many privileges including:
- Wearing a special uniform that signifies their special position as the oldest children in the school.
- Going away on School Journey to Shropshire for an adventure week
- Being “Top Buddies” for their family groups
- Participating in Cycling Proficiency
- Taking a lead in our annual celebration day
- Acting as ambassadors for the school, meeting and greeting special visitors and acting as tour guides
They also have a number of responsibilities that ensure the smooth running of the school including:
- Delivering registers to classrooms and carrying out other helpful administrative duties
- Ensuring classes have the correct laptops and iPads for their lessons,
- Organising the hall for assemblies and special events
- Preparing the music for assemblies and hymn practices
- Leading the School Council and Eco-Council
- Librarian duties in the school library
We have high expectations of our Year 6 children both in terms of their responsibilities and their learning. Ashfield children rise to the challenge and act as excellent role models for the younger children.
Our Year 6 curriculum is creative and challenging; and designed to prepare them thoroughly for the new challenges and demands of transition to secondary school.
Highlights in Year 6 include:
- A visit to Whipsnade Zoo
- School Journey to Manor Adventure, Shropshire
- A visit to The Imperial War Museum
- Secondary Transfer Day