The School Council is a group of children chosen by each class to represent them. We meet once a week to discuss issues and improvements that can be made to the school.
The School Council for 2017/18 is:-
|Year 3||Maizie and Charlie||Libby and Max|
|Year 4||Alex and Abi L.||Larry and Rosa|
|Year 5||Sienna and Thomas||Chloe and Charlie|
|Year 6||Charlie, Olivia and Zoe||Reed and Anya|
In the academic year 2015/16 the school council has……
- Ran a very successful Bring and Buy sale where children brought in books, toys and games that they no longer use.
- Conducted a survey to see how pupils felt about Ashfield. The feedback was very positive, showing children enjoyed school. The three favourite subjects amongst pupils are Art, Maths and History.
- Raised money for Save The Children by selling cookies to pupils during snack time and wearing Christmas jumpers on Christmas jumper day.
- Changed our Constitution so from next school year, each class will have 4 School Councillors. These will change in February. The children felt this gave more children a chance to get involved. They also decided that you can only be in the School Council once. This makes the Chair of the School Council more special.
- We have also organised for there to be an Ashfield Food Mountain and will donate all items to our local food bank.
For this year, School Council will support the Christmas Gift Appeal, the Peace Hospice during the Spring Term and Assistant Dog Charity for Summer Term.